- ItemLaboratory of Digital Video and Television Technology(Společnost pro radioelektronické inženýrství, 2004-12) Ricny, VaclavThis short paper provides information on the technical instrumentation and application possibilities of the newly installed laboratory of digital video and television technology at the Department of Radio Electronics FEEC BTU in Brno . This laboratory can be used for laboratory education and research.
- ItemNew Directions in Modeling the Lighting Systems(Společnost pro radioelektronické inženýrství, 2004-12) Kadlecova, Eva; Fiala, PavelThis paper presents information about new directions in the modeling of lighting systems, and an overview of methods for the modeling of lighting systems. The new R-FEM method is described, which is a combination of the Radiosity method and the Finite Elements Method. The paper contains modeling results and their verification by experimental measurements and by the Matlab simulation for this R-FEM method.
- ItemHigher Efficiency of Motion Estimation Methods(Společnost pro radioelektronické inženýrství, 2004-12) Gamcova, Maria; Marchevsky, Stanislav; Gamec, JanThis paper presents a new motion estimation algorithm to improve the performance of the existing searching algorithms at a relative low computational cost. We try to amend the incorrect and/or inaccurate estimate of motion with higher precision by using adaptive weighted median filtering and its modifications. The median filter is well-known. A more general filter, called the Adaptively Weighted Median Filter (AWM), of which the median filter is a special case, is described. The submitted modifications conditionally use the AWM and full search algorithm (FSA). Simulation results show that the proposed technique can efficiently improve the motion estimation performance.
- ItemImplementation of CT and IHT Processors for Invariant Object Recognition System(Společnost pro radioelektronické inženýrství, 2004-12) Turan, Jan; Ovsenik, L'ubos; Benca, Martin; Turan, Jan, Jr.This paper presents PDL or ASIC implementation of key modules of invariant object recognition system based on the combination of the Incremental Hough transform (IHT), correlation and rapid transform (RT). The invariant object recognition system was represented partially in C++ language for general-purpose processor on personal computer and partially described in VHDL code for implementation in PLD or ASIC.
- ItemImplementation of IMDCT Block of an MP3 Decoder through Optimization on the DCT Matrix(Společnost pro radioelektronické inženýrství, 2004-12) Galabov, MiroslavThe paper describes an attempt to create an efficient dedicated MP3-decoder, according to the MPEG-1 Layer III standard. A new method of Inverse Modified Discrete Cosine Transform by optimization on the Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) matrix is proposed and an assembler program for Digital Signal Processor is developed. In addition, a program to calculate DCT using Lee's algorithm for any matrix of the size 2M is created. The experimental results have proven that the decoder is able to stream and decode MP3 in real time.